Sunday, April 24, 2011

What a ridiculous year this has been. When I say year, I mean, of course, school year. I guess there must be people who think in terms of actual years, but in my world, school year is king.
I'm not going to bother catching up on why this year has been so crazy and hard; suffice it to say that it has. Change is good, but it doesn't feel good. We're still changing. Today is Easter. I'm pseudo-Jewish, so that doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot to me, but it does mean that we spent the weekend with my Mom and Kathy at the Lake House. It was fun in terms of Easter, but crappy in terms of my marriage. Todd and I have enough trouble connecting now that we have three kids, full-time jobs, a new house, and I have an hour-long commute in each direction (remember what I said about change?), and spending a weekend with my family just didn't help. How can I love them so much, and Todd love them so much, and have the combination get so miserable? Todd loves my family, and even really truly likes them, but spending time with them, especially at the lake house, turns him into an exhausted, cranky jerk. To me, anyway. You know how your husband looks normal to everyone else, but you can see that, underneath the normalcy, he is an asshole?

I feel guilty writing those words, but there it is! That was my weekend. I'm a super-lucky woman, because I only feel that way about Todd once every couple of years. He insists that he never gets angry with me, but I think that's impossible. I mean, I live with myself, I know exactly how annoying I am. Very.

The beauty of marriage is knowing that I can be as pissed off at him as I was this weekend, love him anyway, and know that no one is going anywhere. Here's hoping for a better year next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment