Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day

Today I have completely avoided all of the work I am supposed to do.  I didn't clean anything or go grocery shopping or go to school to get ready for the week.  Instead, I went to the library with the kids, did a little needless shopping, and then came home and hung out.  I spent time on the deck, reading and watching the kids jump on the trampoline.  I spent time talking with my amazing husband, real talking, not just about what we need to do next.

And I had this conversation with Ellie:

Ellie: It's weird that I'm cleaning up in the kitchen and you're sitting there eating m&ms.

Me:  Why is that weird?  I think it's great.

Ellie:  Well, cleaning the kitchen is your job.

Me:  No it's not!

Ellie:  You always do it!  It's like, your hobby.

Too true.  I do spend a lot of my free time cleaning up in the kitchen.  It is the only room in the house that actually feels clean when I finish cleaning it, plus I can look like I'm doing something essential while I'm really listening to audiobooks.

Time to go back outside and enjoy the sun.  Today has been my real mother's day, even though the official one is tomorrow.  Yee-haw!

No comments:

Post a Comment